Thursday, April 17, 2008

My first Post!

Hey there! I have been looking at other women's blogs for more than a year now.I have had sisterlocks for a year and three months, and its soo great! I do not really see any girls my age (21) with blogs up so I wanted to be one of the first so other young girls can see how great it is to be sisterlocked!..... Im just going to keep this short.



This is my hair when i started and now, a year and three months later..this is how it looks..



I dont really have those good before and after pictures like everyone esle lol..i am not really a picture person, but I do have a couple of shabby webcam pics to show the difference in growth and thickness.


The before picture is really bad..lol...


one month then a year and three months


Here are some more recent pics






and this is my pin up girl look lol











































So as you can see, sisterlocks give you so much freedom and they look great too! I cant wait until my hair grows longer. My mom has had sisterlocks for 8 years, and they are soo long and gorgeous!!.... I also want to try some new hairstyles but i dont know what to do :-S.

Thanks for checking out my blog!!

Realflavabirda


15 comments:

Kimani's Knapps said...

I love your hair, i am sooooo jealous. I am at 4 wks :(

http://kimanisknapps.blogspot.com

Marcus Bird, Designer said...

Yeah lil sis! I love the locks as well.. wow, I really didn't realize how much thicker they look.. you weren't lying :p

Keep it up!

Noneofyourbeeswacks said...

Your hair is so pretty. I'm also represtin' for the ladies in the 20's.

RealFlavaBirda said...

thank you for the comments!!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Your locks are absolutely beautiful. You're quite photogenic too. Thanks for sharing. Continue to enjoy the journey.

CarmenNC said...

You are a PYT. Love your style too. I'm going to be a bit fast and check out the guy. LOL. Take care and keep blogging.

Gena said...

You locs looks really pretty. I just got loc over the weekend..haven't updated my blog with pics yet.

RealFlavaBirda said...

lol..you can be as fast as you want...

thanks!, i am enjoying the journey so far

Lakia said...

Your sisterlocks are so beautiful!!!! :)

Abena Abena said...

Welcome to the world of Blogging :)

BTW- nice locks, they look so natural on you :) Oh yeah, and what a beautiful smile you have...

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

I love your SL! I started my SL 9 Apr 08 and I just started a blog to document the journey.

You remind me of someone, I can't put my finger on it yet.

http://hannah-belizean.blogspot.com/

SeZ said...

Oh I love your locks they are so sexy on you. I think that you did it early is wonderful. There's nothing like freedom girl. Keep posting.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm 25 and I'm interested in getting some. My only concern is since I am fairly young....and broke...is it easy for you to keep them up without going broke? That is my #1 issue right now is money. Please let me know how you do it! Thanks!

RealFlavaBirda said...

well, i dont think its too young to start....the earlier the better..cause imagine, once you are 30 your hair will be half way down your back!....and i do it every 8 weeks, so, i pay 100 dollars, so if you divide that by the 8 weeks, its basically 12.5 dollars a week. Not that much you know? the initial is a lot but it is very worth it..